Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Getting ready!

Sorry we have written anything in a while. We have been busy looking into nursery furniture, bedding, registering, childcare and baby names. Any suggestions or information on these topics are helpful! Send them our way. We have about 4 names that our favorites right now, but that is something we have time on. Jeremy has wanted to make something for the nursery. For those you who don't know Jeremy does woodworking (and is amazing, if I might brag for a bit). The problem is whatever he chooses to make will take a long time and may not match the rest of the furniture. We are still figuring that out. I went into a store last week and the woman said, "We suggest you to order furniture between 20 to 22 weeks along" suggesting that we needed to get a move on. Well, guess what? I am 22 weeks. Don't tell an already overwhelmed pregnant something like that! My mom says that the baby can just sleep in a laundry basket in the beginning, babies don't know the difference. I get the point, but I don't think I could do that. :)

We have officially become "expecting parents". Yep, we have registered for maternity classes. I am sure we will have many stories from those to come.

I am experiencing the joys of pregnancy! Everyone loves touching my belly. Right now I don't mind at all because it has all been family and friends. When some old woman in the grocery store starts doing it then there might be a problem. Julie, our friend and youth minister at Beargrass, gave me a great shirt the other day. Thanks, Julie! It sums this whole experience up...

Maternity Wardrobe: $2,408 (by the way, I will NEVER spend this much!)
Nursery Furniture: $1,317
Touching my belly: $5
Some things money can't buy. For everything else, you need cold hard cash.

Sorry no pictures of the belly. We will post some next week before our doctor's appointment. Pictures below are from Lindsay Puckett's wedding. We grew up in youth group together. Jeremy and I are close to their family. I don't have pictures of Lindsay but she was a beautiful bride with an incredible dress with red on it!

Stay dry with all this rain and pray for the people in California!

Blessings-
Laura and Jeremy



With the parents of the bride, Mike and Jill


With John and Terrianne


With the sister of the bride, Kelly (practically our lil sis)

No comments: