Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hodgepodge

I was off on Saturday and Sunday. I never get two days off in a row during this busy month! I was so excited! Yesterday I played with Addie while Jeremy finished up a side job. We then went to a cook-out for the 4th. I hated that it was so rainy, but we didn't stay late so we could put the little one to bed. Today it felt great to have just a "normal" family day. We went to church, ran errands, took naps and had dinner together. I go back tomorrow morning and will be in Lexington for one more week.

Jeremy leaves on Tuesday for a mission trip to Dominican Republic. He is serving as a chaperone for the high school group. There will be about 32 people going (adults and youth). They will be building a block wall around a church camp and leading a Vacation Bible School with local kids in the evenings. I wish I could go but it conflicts with my job, of course. Jeremy's dad and step-mom are watching Addison for two nights and then my mom is coming down on Wednesday to watch her for the rest of the week. It will be hard not seeing Addie for a week and then not being able to talk to Jeremy, but I know Addie will be spoiled rotten and Jeremy will be doing wonderful work. Jeremy comes home next Tuesday, two days after I get home.

Hodgepodge of pictures below. Happy 4th of July!



This picture was from a few weeks ago at a graduation party of girl I babysat for years. Hard to believe. I had to post because I think this is one of the cutest dresses. Leigh bought it for her at this nice consignment shop. Gotta love Margaret's!
One of my best friend's from high school, Laura, had a beautiful baby boy in early June. We're so excited for Laura and Cory. They live in Lexington so I have been over a couple of times (Jeremy and Addie came once too) to meet precious Dane.
What a ham! When I came home a couple of weeks ago I loved playing with Addie. I walked into the family room and this is how she was.

Jeremy and Addie came to visit me last weekend in Lexington. It is so good to see them! I was shocked how much she was walking after seeing her about 5 days before. It was the first time that she was like "Put me down, I must walk!" and she hasn't turned back. We went to a yummy breakfast place called "Doodles" and then took a stroll in the park. Look at that sweet face! I miss seeing this daily.

If you look closely you can see the bruises on her head from running into a few things now that she is walking. :)

Playing in the bird feeder. My mom got this dress for her for 4th of July. (Bummer the picture is blurry!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, Addie is adorable.. I can see both you and Jeremy in her face... It was good to see you at Laura's...I am sure you will be glad to get home again with your sweet family.. Love Robin