Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm here!

I'm back from a huge blog hiatus! I survived working and living in Lexington for the month while being very pregnant! I even survived a horrible stomach virus for about 3 of those days. Words can not describe how incredible Jeremy is for everything he does for our family normally, but especially during that month. He is a single dad and does everything without complaint. We had several friends and family help him out over the month. I don't think I even have posted on here, but he started a business, Paradigm Constructions Services LLC, in February while working only part-time at his job, New Directions Housing Corp. (I'll update more on that later.) He managed to stay afloat with his business during the month and be a single dad. It was very hard being away from my family, but the program went really well this year. Since Addie is older she had a tough time with me being gone and it was soooo hard leaving her when I got to come home or when they visited. She always screamed and cried when we left each other. Talk about tears being shed on my end, too!

I got home a little under two weeks ago and as soon as I got home it started to sink in that we will be bringing a new baby home anyday now! Since my life is on hold for that month I was very overwhelmed when I first got home thinking about all that needed to get done at work and at home before she is born. I've gotten a lot accomplished during the past two weeks, but also know that not everything has to been finished by the time she gets here.

This pregnancy is VERY different since Addison was born in February. This heat is awful and I have a hard time cooling off! My feet have been swelling the past couple of months and I now only wear flip flops (even at work) to keep them cooler to help with the swelling. On the plus side, I'm looking forward to being able to take walks and get out of the house with a newborn instead of being cooped up with one in the winter.

We moved Addie in a big girl bed in mid-May and we just have a couple of little things left to do before her room is completely finished. I'll post pictures once it is complete. The nursery is staying the same. Addie has done pretty good with the transition. She still takes a long time to fall asleep sometimes and wants to get out of bed for various reasons, but once she is asleep she never makes a peep and doesn't get out of her bed until the morning. It definitely could be worse.

We are getting really excited about meeting our little girl! She is a squirmer! Addie would stick her booty out all the time, but this one seems to squirm more. We are so eager to see what she looks like, how she will act, how Addie will be as a big sister and much more. And no, we still haven't picked a name. We're down to a few just like last time so stay tuned.

There is so much to update on here with things that have happened in our life over the past two months, but I don't know if I will be able to get it all on here before the baby is born. I'm 39 weeks today! Addison was two days early so this baby could make her debut very soon. I definitely am getting uncomfortable, especially at night.

Stay tuned for more updates, especially the BIG update when our new little girl enters the world. Much love to you all! Stay cool...if that is even possible!

Here I am at exactly 39 weeks. Yes, I am huge! A cashier in a store last Saturday called me, "Grande!" What am I supposed to say to that? And yes, my belly button is like a torpedo. Addie is always kissing on it. I think she thinks the baby will "pop" out of my belly button. :)

No comments: