Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Early May pics

I move to Lexington on Monday to live there for a month for my work. It is pretty intense leading up to the summer program and during, but I want to go ahead and try to get some pictures up this week or it will be at least 5 weeks or so before I can again.  Here are some pics from early May.

I won boxed seat Oaks tickets through my work!  For those not from Louisville, the Oaks is a big filly (female horses) race on the day before Derby and it is almost as popular as the Derby.  Churchill Downs is decorated in pink because some proceeds go to Susan G Komen that day.  I found out 24 hours in advance that I won the tickets.  Jeremy had too much going on at work so he wasn't able to go with me.  I knew the two calls I needed to make.  The first to my brother because I knew he would want to go and could make it work out in 24 hrs (I mean, he works for a wine and spirits company so I am sure it could even be called doing "business" that day). The second call was to Robyn.  Robyn is a good friend from high school and she and her family go to Oaks and Derby every year.  She had the perfect dress (pink for Oaks) and hat for me to borrow.  It was beautiful weather and a fun day!  We had fun on Derby day going to a couple of family parties.



The girls made Derby hats at daycare that week and wanted to pose for a picture together.


We had a family craft night the Friday before Mother's Day to make crafts for the grandmothers.  I have lots of pictures on Jeremy's phone from the process and maybe . It was a lot of the fun and the girls enjoyed it.  And of course strong wood glue and wood clamps were used to make sure the ribbon at the top of the pots did not come off.  Gotta love my husband! 


The next day we went to Sammy's first birthday party.  They had a pirate bubble ship come to the house.  Robyn and Shane (Sammy's parents) got into the theme a bit.  Ha!


Kate loved playing with the bubbles!  Unfortunately she loved it so much that she got soap all in her eyes and baby girl's eyes were burning.  She would keep rubbing them and it would make it worse.  She was a trooper and didn't fuss very long.


Pretty cool, huh?


They then had a woman come do some awesome, intricate face painting. 


Our butterfly.  A close second to Grammy's face painting at Addison's princess party.  :)


Kate was up next and Addie said she wanted a buttery too.  No surprise. It was so sweet because Kate sat there, followed directions and patiently waited for the woman to finish.
 


I love this because I think she is taking it all in because she has never seen her face like this.  


They both look so different.


I didn't get many pictures of the other kids, but here is one of crazy Dane (Laura's son) playing with his balloon sword. It was a great birthday party and it was wonderful to spend time with friends we don't get to see very often.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: