Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Miss Independent

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. We've been really busy and little Miss got another ear infection. We kept thinking it was her 12 month molars and finally decided to take her to the doc. Low and behold, another one. Poor thing! I knew our daughter was strong-willed, but even the doctor commented on it when he was TRYING to check her out. He told me that she reminded him of his second son. He said the strong will can be tough sometimes, but when she wants something later in life she'll go for it and be very driven. We'll see.

Addie started taking steps a couple of weeks ago. She can go about 5 steps but has fun just falling and us catching her on the way down. We think she can walk since she moves around so well but just doesn't want to because she can get around fine by her crawl/scoot. Sometimes she likes to take steps between us and other times she refuses to even lock her legs to stand up. Times like these remind us that she is strong-willed, independent and will do things when she wants to do them. We chase around her enough without her walking. We're in no hurry.

Jeremy did some work for his Great Aunt Sharon's deck and house. She had a cookout last Thursday to celebrate the finished product. My friend from work, Jason, let me take home his really nice camera for the night to play with. Umm, Jeremy needs to do some more work for his side business because I want one of those cameras. :) Addie had fun playing outside and partaking in some good food. Enjoy!

I'll post more pics soon from our weekend at the lake. Happy hump day!



Her face was breaking out from allergies which we think caused the ear infection.


I had to get a picture of her cute little legs


Daddy's girl






We had ribs for dinner. How do you think she liked them?


Miss Independent (I think a common trait of toddlers) wouldn't let me or Jeremy feed her from our laps. She wanted to use the spoon herself. She eventually just used her hands for the mashed potatoes and mac n' cheese. Can we say MESSY?

4 comments:

The Sabelhaus Boys said...

Our pediatrician told us the same thing about Brady, but the issues were regarding bed time and potty training. I can definitely see where the characteristic will be great when he is older and in the work force, but it can be frustrating while they are growing up! Glad you guys had a great Memorial Day weekend. I'll try to give you a call this week so we can play catch up. Love ya!

Nick and Jenn said...

Have I told you how cute she is?? Adorable! Sounds like our little ones are two peas in a pod these days. Completely relate to the independent, strong-willed thing. I know it can be a great trait...just challenging some days. Love them to pieces though!

BandBbaby said...

Love the pics! Strong willed not little Addi-tude! Hope you had fun at the lake for the weekend. Talk to you soon!

Erin H said...

Nothing wrong with a strong willed girl! My mom told me she actually read a book back in the '80s called "Raising the Strong Willed child." Addie is geting cuter and cuter by the day! :)