Thursday, August 13, 2009

5 years ago...

Jeremy and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary last Friday, August 7th. We are heading next weekend to Chicago for a weekend getaway. It has been a while since we have been somewhere as just the two of us. Usually we are visiting friends and family during vacations/weekends or have the bean with us. I joked with Jeremy telling him that this is his favorite anniversary since the 5th is "wood"--Jeremy loves woodworking! My parents got us a wood picture frame, but I think he would prefer a huge amount of cherry lumber as a gift instead. :)

In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it feels longer since we got married. I am so blessed to have Jeremy in my life. He is a wonderful husband, an amazing father to our beautiful daughter, my best friend and partner in life. Jeremy is the hardest working and most giving person I have ever met. He has a huge heart, can be sooooo funny, is stubborn (yeah, that makes three in our household) and is so laid back. He doesn't care what other people think of him..."This is me...like it or not" type of guy. Jeremy is full of energy, passionate, extremely talented, incredibly smart and always wears a smile on his face. I could go on and on, but don't want to make this too sappy. :) If you know Jeremy then you know these things about him, if you don't then you can see why I married him.

Marriage can be hardwork, but it is the best thing I have ever experienced! I'm thankful to God for the life that we have. We are truly blessed! I am look forward to many more years together!

A few pics from 5 years ago...

Just hitched!








On the beach at our honeymoon...Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Last night of our honeymoon







4 comments:

vanessa said...

awww this is too sweet! wedding pictures grow more precious the older they become, don't they...

love your dress, by the way - gorgeous!

Nick and Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary! So sweet! I hope you have a great time in Chicago!

BandBbaby said...

Oh my I still can't believe it has been five years and we are mommies!! It has been truely fun to go through this journey with such great friends! And I agree your hubby is a great guy.

The Sabelhaus Boys said...

Awwwww...what a cute couple! Can't wait to see you guys Thursday!