Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning

I don't have any Christmas Eve pictures (for now). I couldn't find my camera anywhere on Christmas Eve morning. I was really bummed about it. It all ended up being a part of Jeremy's scheme for my Christmas present...see below. I need to get the pics from Jenny's camera from Christmas Eve. We went over to Leigh's mom's house for an open house and then headed to church. Addie sang at the beginning of the service. I absolutely LOVE singing "Silent Night" by candlelight. It makes the amazement and glory of Christmas so real. It is always my favorite moment of the season. Addie's favorite book this month played "Silent Night" so she was really excited to sing along "for baby Jesus!". She kept trying to blow out the candles. It was pretty cute! We left the service with snow falling and it was beautiful! It doesn't get much better than that. We then headed to Jeremy's aunt and uncle's house for dinner and dessert. Addie was singing "Jingle Bells" over and over on the way to their house. I think she sensed the excitement. Santa (aka Anthony) came for a visit and handed out presents to all the kids and naughty gifts for some of the aunts, uncles and cousins. Some were pretty hilarious! My parents arrived late on Christmas Eve night.

Christmas morning was wonderful! Addie was so excited to see what Santa had brought her. Kids make the season even better! We were able to capture some of her excitement on video with our video camera, but I still didn't have my camera so I don't have many pictures from the morning. Soon after Jeremy "found" my camera in Addie's play kitchen. We opened presents and I saved the best for last. There was just a card under the tree for me from Jeremy. I opened it up and it told me to grab the camera and it would lead the way to my present (he had taken the pictures on Christmas Eve and he didn't want me to see them so that is why he hid the camera). He sent me on a scavenger hunt across the house using pictures with the camera. It eventually led to the shelf above his closet that had a Canon DSLR T1i camera!!! I was so spoiled! I did not know I was getting this and was completely floored because we don't usually spend a lot of money on each other for Christmas. I have wanted a nice camera for a long time, but could never justify it (if you know me I HATE to spend money). He bought it at a local camera shop and it comes with a free class. I hope to attend the class soon. I may even take some life-long learning classes at UofL on photography to learn even more about it. I was so excited and it was a Christmas morning I will always remember.

Enjoy the few pictures below. I'll post more from that afternoon. Sorry for the lengthy post...it is more for me to remember/document.


Opening presents Christmas morning

The only thing she asked for was "The Princess and the Frog" and "presents". She was super excited!

Jeremy made my mom & dad and David & Carrie both mirrors out of cherry for Christmas. My mom's checking it out.

Hooray for my new camera! I can't wait to learn how to use it! I love photography!

No comments: