Monday, September 29, 2008

Big debut in Bloomfield

Two weekends ago we enjoyed a weekend with our youth group at Farmfest. Jeremy camped out on Friday with all the youth and Addie and I came down on Saturday. The weather was awesome! Addie enjoyed being passed around (shocker, I know), the hammock and just being outside.

Later that night we went to Ryan & Megan's wedding. Ryan was my closest guy friend growing up. My mom and his mom used to joke and say that we should get married if we weren't married by a certain age. I have so many memories with Ryan and our friends. Megan was a year younger in high school. We were in choir together and played soccer together. We were pretty good friends during high school, but didn't keep in touch much after graduation. Then Megan and Ryan started dating a few years ago. They are a perfect match! We love spending time with them, although it doesn't happen often. They had to change their entire wedding 4 days before because of the power outages. Both their church and reception venue were without power! I can't imagine everything they went through to change everything in 4 days! It ended up being a BEAUTIFUL wedding! It was great to catch up with people I haven't seen in years.

This past weekend we finally went to Bloomfield, IN where my parents live. They have been there a few years when my dad became a minister and got a church there. It is a very small town, but very cute. My dad, Jeremy and I played golf on Saturday while my mom watched Addison. Saturday night we walked up to the town Italian restaurant, down to the park and to Dairy Queen for dessert (because every small town has a DQ, right?). Addie got to swing on the playground for the first time. I'll post a video soon. She loved it! On Sunday Addison made her big debut at my dad's church. She was her happy self and flirted with everyone. It was so great to spend time with parents. It doesn't happen enough, unfortunately.

How could I forget to mention that Addison is 7 months old? She still loves to laugh, she says "ba ba" and "ma ma" all the time (no, it isn't associated with me yet, it is just a syllable she likes) and she is itching to crawl. I still think it will be a while, but she can move! She can get to one side of the room to other rolling back and forth. I think every week we say "I love this age she is in" and it gets better everyday, although we both miss the days of her sleeping on our chests.

Have a great week!

 

"Thanks for my cute overalls, Amanda!"

 

Chillin' on the hammock with dad at our youth group's Farmfest! Addie had lots of fun hanging out with the "big kids"!

 

Addie was playing with these buckets and she ended with one of them on her head

 

With the beautiful bride

 

With the groom

 

What a crew!

 

Addie is a big girl now. We went to dinner with my parents and she was in the high chair the whole time. There was lots of interruptions in dinner with the game of "play with a toy and then drop it on the floor". A dinner roll occupied her for quite some time. :)

 

Swinging for the first time

 

"Thanks Mamaw Net for my outfit"

 

Can you tell she likes the camera? She is cracking up here!

 

With Grandpa

 

With Grammy and Grandpa

 

With Grammy

 

Addie has LOVED bathtime since she was first born...well, except for when she did spongebaths.

1 comment:

Nick and Jenn said...

She is so stinkin' cute. I love it! She is growing up so fast. Isn't it crazy to think about how you were feeling a year ago. Glad all is well!