Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great Mother's Day weekend! My mom came in town on Friday night so it was nice to spend time with her that evening and Saturday morning. We went to a Mother's Day brunch at a nice place called Science Hill with my aunt, cousin and grandmother. We surprised my grandmother because she didn't know my mom was in town and we were coming. I barely got to talk with them during the brunch because the whole two-year-old in a formal dining room doesn't go over so well! :)

Posing outside while everyone else ate. Ha!

Four Generations!

My friend Robyn is expecting a baby girl in August. We went to a couples' shower for Robyn and Shane on Sat. evening. The four of us have been friends since high school (and before). Things have definitely changed since then! This is the best picture I had from the evening with all of the little ones.

Laura & Dane, Me & Addison, Robyn & her baby girl in her belly, Liz & Emma
Jeremy and Addie left to go to a Bats baseball game while I stayed at the shower. They went with Jeremy's dad's side of the family to celebrate his dad's birthday. It was so cold that Addie wore her coat. Geez! She loved her first baseball game! And I think she liked the food even more. Gotta love the grandparents...hot dogs, cotton candy, etc! Unfortunately Jeremy didn't take the camera with him. :(


On Mother's Day we went to church in the morning. I had to take a picture of little miss after church. I love summer dresses for girls!

After church we headed to the zoo and had a picnic there. It was a little cool at first, but it we had a wonderful time as our little family! Addie did great this time! No turtle scares. Ha! Actually she loved the snakes this time.

She did get a little timid being this close to the orangutan.


Taking a break to play at the playground

She went around and pet every goat in the petting area

Posing on the rhino statue

After the zoo I got to take a little nap and then we spent some time with Jeremy's family. Addie made me the cutest little card and brought me home a goodie basket from daycare. She brought me home flowers from daycare, but she dropped them out the window on the way home before I even saw them! Ha! Jeremy said she wouldn't stop crying! Jeremy got me a giftcard to get some flowers for the front yard. Now it needs to get warmer! The best gift I got was spending time together as the three of us and getting to spend time with my mom since I don't see her too often.

Before I was even pregnant I knew that I wanted to be a mother one day. I never knew then that I would LOVE being a mom so much! I am fortunate to be able to experience motherhood. I know that some women don't get this wonderful experience and that makes me so sad. I think Mother's Day is about celebrating all of the women that have had an influence on our lives. I try to count my blessings everyday and being a mother to this sweet girl, having a wonderful husband and having a great family and friends are at the top of my list. Yes, there are days that wear me out when little miss decides to throw tantrums or hits or throws food, but getting a sweet kiss or hug or seeing her sweet smile makes everything in the world seem right!

I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating the women in your life! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: