Thursday, October 20, 2011

Final days home...

I enjoyed my final days of my maternity leave. I was really trying to balance getting a lot of things done with enjoying sweet moments with Kate and Addie.  I really wanted to be "fully present" during my maternity leave, but especially the final days.  Addie was at daycare most days, but it was nice throughout my maternity leave to pick her up early or leave her home so we can enjoy some time together.  Kelly and I took the girls to "Lion King 3D" that last week.  Yes, Kate came along and slept most of the time.  I never did anything like that when Addie was a baby, but second time around one realizes how easy an infant can be compared to a busy preschooler.  Oh, the things you do with the second one. :)  There was great weather most of my final week home so we enjoyed a trip to the park as a family and making s'mores again.  Kelly and I took the girls to the zoo one day.  Enjoy the pics!


The zoo was setting us for their big Halloween trick-or-treating event so Addie was very excited about all the characters.


Pretending to be a flamingo...

Kate slept the whole time. :) 


Posing in front of the big jack-o-lantern


One of Addie's favorite people...

We took the sit-n-stand stroller with us.  I had only used it on walks around the neighborhood so it was my first time using it out and about.  Kelly and I could NOT figure out how to collapse it to put it back in the car.  I'm not kidding we were both sweating and getting very nervous about how we were going to get home without leaving it behind.  We were working on it for a good 15 minutes, trying to get a hold of Jeremy and looking for anyone to help us.  A mom parked next to us literally came over with one simple suggestion and it collapsed in seconds.  We felt so dumb and looked ridiculously!  I wish it were on camera.  When we got home Jeremy (who we all know is way too smart and handy for his own good sometimes) said it took him a while to figure it out.  We felt redeemed, but it was still pretty funny.

No comments: