Wednesday, January 30, 2008

4 weeks!!!!

Wow! We are down to less than a month and it is hard to believe! In some ways I feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER and in other ways it feels like it has flown by. Soon this little one that been growing in belly will make her way into the world. I don't think there is much more in life that brings more excitement!

We have been busy the last week or so. Leigh (my best friend from church since about grade 5) is going to make curtains for the nursery. We went and picked out fabric. It got me excited about decorating the nursery. I can't wait to see the finished product! On Thursday night my parents, my grandmother (we call her mom-mom), Jeremy and I went out to eat and to see "Phantom of the Opera," the Broadway show. My brother and I got tickets for my mom for her birthday. I work at the performing arts center in Louisville (where the show was) and our friend (and one of my colleagues) got Jeremy and I seats in the 4th row. He works in the production department working all the behind the scenes stuff. It was awesome! The baby enjoyed it too. She kicked and turned the whole time! I will be surprised if she doesn't like music. I sing in our praise team at church and just sing a lot in general so she has been exposed to a lot of music during her life thus far! I sat down and played the piano the other night and she responded to it by moving around. It is amazing that she is not even born and responds to music. Pregnancy sure is fascinating!...sorry, I digressed.

I went to the doctor last Friday and now go weekly. I think by the end of the month I will feel like I live there. Everything looked good and as of right now the baby is head down. I was correct about guessing where her butt is. She pushes it out all day long making my stomach look pretty funny up-close. I guess we have a booty shaker in our hands...gosh, I hope not! :)

This weekend was probably one of the hardest weekends for me. Jeremy and I are youth sponsors (volunteers) for our high youth group at church and have been for over 4 years now. The annual youth ski trip was this weekend. I love to ski, but this year I couldn't ski...obviously. That would have been a funny sight on the slopes! Instead I stayed in the lodge and hung out with other adults and played games with some kids while Jeremy got to snowboard all weekend long. It wasn't too bad, but I sure missed it! When we got home on Sunday afternoon we just relaxed and watched movies except I had a hard time relaxing. I think the weekend wore on my body and I was uncomfortable just laying around on the couch. I was having mini-contractions and she was positioning herself right underneath my ribs. Ouch!

Monday night we went to an infant CPR and safety class. The women said, "We are here to cover the basics and let you know what to do until help arrives." We were really glad we went. We were given baby models with removable faces so we can share the models with other people in the class. It was very strange looking. I should have taken a picture of Jeremy because he was being silly with the removable face.

Our last class is tomorrow on anesthesia...yep, I'm going for the epidural. I'm not trying to be a hero! I really did think about it, but I am most concerned about being too exhausted that I won't be able to push when it comes time. God made medicine for a reason, right? :)

I hope to update the blog at least weekly up until D-day (delivery day that is). We will definitely update this with pictures of the new addition whenever it comes time, but let's pray that we have a couple more weeks left. We hope for at least one more week because at 37 weeks babies are considered full term. There is still so much to do. I started packing my hospital bag last night. It is all setting in that we will be HAVING A BABY ANY DAY NOW!


36 weeks...do I look like I am ready to pop? I get lots of "you are looking really pregnant these days!" comments. Nice!

4 comments:

JenniferandAnthonyandbaby.com said...

You don't look big- just cute pregnant! Jenny

Anonymous said...

You look great. You're glowing!

Heather said...

I don't think you look "very pregnant" at all...just cute! I bet you're soooooooo ready to just hold that little girl!

Anonymous said...

Laura- You look fantastic! I can't wait to meet baby girl A :-)

Amy Lotze