Thursday, January 3, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! We have had a lot happen over the last couple of weeks. Attached are a lot of pictures from our festivities. We enjoyed spending time with family over Christmas. We were excited just thinking about what next year's Christmas will be like. This little girl got lots of stuff for Christmas and she is not even born yet! Santa (aka Jeremy) got her the cutest booties and newborn outfits. We also bought a new digital camera with some of our Christmas money. We figured it would be put to work soon so we needed one that was nice and wouldn't take 15 seconds to find a flash!

Last weekend we went to Indy for New Years and for my first baby shower. Saturday we got together with Dan and Lindsay who are getting married in April. They currently live in NYC. It was so great to catch up with old friends. On Sunday we watched the Colts game with college friends at Brad and Tara's house.

Monday morning some of my best friends, Tara and Ashley, hosted a baby shower for Brooke and I. Brooke is having a baby boy 5 weeks behind me. Tons of our sorority sisters from Butler came in for the event from all over...even Kristine was able to make it all the way from London, England! It was a wonderful morning!!! I am so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life! That night we went over to Brooke and Brandon's house for Brandon's specialty lasagna and then went bowling to ring in the New Year. I am sure I looked pretty funny bowling considering it looked like I stuffed a bowling ball under my shirt. Don't underestimate a large, pregnant woman...I stepped up and got a strike on the first frame! How 'bout them apples? Jeremy got a strike on the first frame, too. Maybe Baby Girl A will take up bowling. I also got up and danced to the Cha Cha Slide. Once again, probably pretty comical. It was awesome to celebrate the ball dropping with wonderful friends we only see a couple times (if that) a year!

We are working on the nursery and hope that it will be done in the next couple of weeks. We went looking for carpet last weekend to have it installed very soon. Jeremy hung the closet doors, installed a nice new baseboard and started painting the trim while I started organizing a bunch of stuff. We are down to single digit weeks left (8!) and it is scary. I am trying to take it one day at a time knowing that we have so much left to do. If only we could attach a paintbrush to Sadie's tail and make her pick up some slack around this house!

I have started to feel very pregnant these days. I haven't been sleeping well, my sciatic nerve has been acting up again and I have heartburn for the first time in my life. Old wives tail says that she'll have a head of hair. We shall see! As great as it was to be with my friends all weekend I felt so bad that I just wasn't myself. It is hard to get used to the fact of not having as much energy then before I was pregnant. I am sure they forgive me, though. Tomorrow we have another doctor's visit. We will go every 2 weeks for the month of January and every week during the month of February. We will soon be parents...weird!

We are so thankful to God for 2007, but we are very much looking forward to 2008! May your 2008 bring you much love and happiness!

Blessings-
Laura and Jeremy

P.S. I think I changed the way that people can post comments. You can now post a comment without having a blog set up or certain email address. Just click the 'anonymous' button after typing in your comment. Make sure to put your name in the comment section or we won't be able to know who wrote it. :)


Dylan & Carrie came to Kentucky after Christmas to spend time with her family. They had dinner with us last Friday night! By the end of the night Dylan was lovin' Sadie!


Brooke and I with beautiful blankets crocheted by our friend Erin Riley!


With the hostesses Ashley and Tara. They did a wonderful job!


My mom even came up for the shower!


The babies meeting each other...maybe they will be boyfriend and girlfriend one day. :) That is after Jeremy sits down and has a talk with little Kline!


All of the DG gals at the shower!


Erin, Jeremy, Hannah...lookin' good!


New Year's Eve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! sweet home DG's new's years! sounds like it was fun, but if you think you're tired now...JUST WAIT!!!

from your brother(or bro-in-law)in not so-sunny FL.

dude, it was in the 20's the other night. that ain't right.

Anonymous said...

The photo of the DG's reminded me of the wedding. Where does the time go?
It was good to see you at Mom-Mom's right before Christmas. You both look great.
I concur with my nephew - if you think you're tired now....
You really do sound like you are almost ready. Keep blogging.
Love, Great Aunt-to-be Cathy